Today is your day Boomer! I'm sure you realize I read the news everyday and incorporate key Boomer stories into my blog. It is part of my background as a long-time Social Studies teacher. But one headline today really caught my eye: "The US is the leader in weather catastrophes", and the article goes on to talk about America and all its "Tornadoes. Hurricanes. Flash floods. Droughts. Wildfires. Blizzards. Ice storms. Nor’easters. Lake-effect snow. Heat waves. Severe thunderstorms. Hail. Lightning. Atmospheric rivers. Derechos. Dust storms. Monsoons. Bomb cyclones. And the dreaded polar vortex." I read with interest and sympathized with all those Americans who suffered terrible storm damage recently. Then I read on and realized something else: in my opinion, the US is the leader, generally, in all catastrophes! Three of today's headlines emphasize this: (1) Former US President Trump to be arrested in New York (2)Teacher shot by 6-year-old student filing US$40M lawsuit (3)She's gone on 34 first dates in 19 countries over the past year. Here's what she's learned. What? Who cares? And as for the two other news bits, Trump has always been a runaway catastrophe and only in America can a kid in grade one get a gun from his mother and shoot his teacher not once...but twice! The US gun control laws, or lack there-of, continue to be a catastrophe! Canadian Boomers, I suggest you stay on this side of the border. Cheers to a Monday morning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog