Today is your day Boomer! Watch out Boomers, scams and frauds are up 40% in Canada. The latest statistics from the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre are alarming, and maybe what is worse is that the main target is seniors....that means many of us Boomers! The total amount reported for 2022 was just over a half billion dollars and according to the Centre, "the top three types of fraud in 2022 were investment scams, including cryptocurrency fraud, romance scams, and 'spear phishing attacks'".....whatever that is. But it won't happen to you, right? Well, my friends, they came after me last week while I was attempting to sell a car. I was deluged with texts with tremendous buying interest, but each caller wanted me to buy a special car history report. Each report would be 30-40$ and I would have to provide my credit card info. Uh,uh....I didn't do it. I arranged a car-viewing day just in case any of the interested people were legitimate, and no one showed up. It was a big scam. What to do? Be careful, do your research, and The Centre says report the scams to Crime Stoppers. A sign of the times Boomers.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog