Today is your day Boomer! We all have retirement dreams Boomers....travel trips to Italy or Greece, a safari in Africa, skiing in the Swiss Alps, but not me. My dreams are more sports oriented....a ball game at Fenway Park in Boston, a Bruins playoff game, and a round of golf at Augusta! I am reminded of this as I watch Tiger Woods tee-off this morning at the famous, and most-beautiful, Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. The Masters is one of the four "majors" in professional mens golf and attracts the best players in the world. For players like me, I cannot play at this golf course unless invited by a member. It is a "private" course and there is a huge waiting list to join as a member, and I don't know any members. It isn't going to happen, but I can still dream. By the way, the cost to play would be 525$US....so about 700$ Canadian! Yikes! But anything is possible right? I heard another dream story from a member at my home golf club in Summerland. He went to Pebble Beach, California to play and was actually matched up with Tiger and his PGA buddies! He played the whole round in awe and then Tiger graciously paid for his golf and a drink at the bar. So....golf dreams can come true! Wish me luck Boomers. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog