Today is your day Boomer! He was 84 and he died this week in Ontario as one of Canada's greatest songwriters and performers. He was Gordon Lightfoot, and Boomers, we grew up with his music...that distinctive guitar and baritone voice. But sadly his only number one single was "Sundown" in 1974, a song I still listen to on a regular basis. Some of the lyrics are shown in this picture. Quotes of significance regarding his passing: Lightfoot-"I like to be kind, I like to be nice to people. I like to be polite.” Ben Stiller-"What a genius, his music is such a big part of my life.” Justin Trudeau--"I was touched by his thoughtful grace and generosity." Jann Arden-"His songs (are) woven into the fabric of our everyday lives." Tom Cochrane-"He helped to define us.” Randy Bachman-"It was poetry, folklore, legend and music." The sun has gone down on the life of Gordon Lightfoot, but Boomers, his music lives on....with us every day on our music technology. Maybe choose a Lightfoot song today and remember a true Canadian legend. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog