Today is your day Boomer! Not to brag Boomers, but this is a picture of me catching a very large fish this past long weekend at a BC Interior lake. Note the expression on my face...sheer enjoyment! And I was joined by many other fishers....and boaters....and yes, even swimmers as hot weather prevailed. I remind you, it is "Super Natural BC" and marketed further as "Beautiful British Columbia"! And there is no doubt. But one other impressive thing I wanted to share is this: engines are out and paddles are in! The number of power boats and jetskis, in my opinion, has decreased substantially in the past few years and been replaced by paddle boards and kayaks. Many people are self-propelling, including a lot of Boomers....and of course, this is so good for you! You get peace and quiet, a more-natural experience, and fitness. My recommendation is to save 75% of your paddle for slow, recreational stroking....then, hit it hard for 1/4 of the time to get the heart rate up. It's a good mix and gives variety. Paddlers in BC, don't forget the sunscreen, a life vest, sun glasses, and a good hat. Have fun and cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog