Today is your day Boomer! Yup, those e-cars are great, right? Saving the Earth, reducing use of fossil fuels, quiet, efficient, avoiding high gas prices, and government rebates: what could be better? You need to read a First Person account in CBC British Columbia to understand many of the pitfalls after buying an electric vehicle. I won't give it all away, but here is a taste of the trouble: "Not again. All the electric vehicle charging stations were taken, and I knew I was in for at least a 30- to 40-minute wait. And yet, the app on my phone showed two chargers had been available five minutes ago. I had driven in this pouring rain for nothing, but what choice did I have? My EV needed charging for the next day's commute, and this was the closest station to my home." Yes, it depends on where you live and how many charger stations are close by...it also depends on if you have a personal station. But the negatives are many says Vancouverite Akiko Hara who sums up her "E" experience this way: "I do wish that things were much easier." Check out the full story on CBC BC May 31, 2023....and Boomers, do your due diligence before you buy. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog