Today is your day Boomer! Old man Stathers, he just keeps rollin', he just keeps rolling along. Yup, that's me Boomers. Age 65 today, my birthday, and officialy a "senior"! Wow, I never thought it would happen....did you? I am one of one million seniors in my province B.C., and 7 million Canadians 65 and older make up 19 per cent of our national population, up from 16.9 per cent at the time of the last census. So, that means one in every five Canadians are officially "old". But there is some good news here: I get access to two pensions (CPP and OAS), I get senior rates at important places like movie theatres, fitness centres, and some stores, a seniors-only discount on my house taxes, and I can get a specially-priced seniors menu at some restaurants! Not to mention my free breakfast this morning as my son takes me to Dennys which has free meals for anyone on their birthday. On the negative side, more teasing will occur from friends and siblings and my wrinkles and number of grey hairs will increase. I can't think of any other bad things...I still feel the same, I am an active Boomer, I am retired, and am enjoying life. Cheers to the ol' guys and girls in society. We rule...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog