Today is your day Boomer! And today is a GREAT day for my wife and I.....33 years of marriage we are celebrating! Three awesome children, a beautiful home, and wonderful family time we celebrate after all these years. And....a lesson from us for all Boomers: according to numerous studies and this one featured on fortune.com, "married men and married women live, on average, two years longer than their unmarried counterparts. One reason for this longevity benefit is the influence of marital partners on healthy behaviors. Study after study shows that married people eat better and are less likely to smoke and drink excessively." I emphasize, that is TWO years...that is a lot, and some studies predict over 5 years! I know my wife takes very good care of me (for example, we eat numerous servings of healthy fruit and vegetables every day!)and I really appeciate it! I hope I do the same for her. One other factor not mentioned in the study: single people often feel isolated and experience less socialization. Not so in married life; you always have someone to talk to and we have numerous friend couples to socialize with. Happy anniversary Carol. Much love from your Boomer husband!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog