Today is your day Boomer! Want a day inside without facing scorching heat and high temperatures? Follow Dr. Bonnie Henry's advice and go and visit your elderly loved ones. My wife and I did just that yesterday as we made the 2 and 1/2 hour drive to Kamloops, BC to see my 92-year-old father in a physiotherapy rehab centre. We talked, played crib, and stayed in the air conditioning for over two hours and helped to lift his spirits; we also placed a telephone call to my wife's mother, also in her 90's, to see how she was coping with the heat. She does not have air conditoning, but lives in a cool, shady condo. I think it made everyone feel better knowing family is checking up on you. By the way, our car was air conditioned both ways, and so was our house when we got home. Cool air all around as the air temperature hit a sizzling 40 Celcius in Merritt. Also, we stopped for groceries in another cool store. Boomers, we can't do the summer heat every day! Hey, my Dad looks great, does't he? Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog