Today is your day Boomer! Take a guess....how many Baby Boomers have at least one tattoo? Hmmmm. Okay, answer? About one in ten. Here is the exact number, according to a 2022 study: "Though 13% of baby boomers and 32% of Gen X-ers sport tattoos, according to a 2022 YPulse study, millennials currently carry the title of the most tattooed generation, with over 50% having at least one tattoo (according to the same study, 7 in 10 say they have more than one)." Millennials, by the way, are right now aged 25-40.....so, youngish-people in Western Society. Apparently, there is no appetite for Boomers to catchup, but the Gen Z-ers(under age 18) are rising quickly. So, what is the latest trend beyond having multiple tatts? Apparently, micro-tattoos are in....in a size "smaller than a quarter, and are subtle and easy to hide. Some of the most common tiny tattoos seen with Gen Z are hearts, stars, butterflies, animals, or small symbols related to their life.” Good to know....I guess. Meanwhile, I have ZERO tattoos like so many other Boomers and I plan to stay that way! Cheers.
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment