Today is your day Boomer! Usually I am not a big proponent of buying lottery tickets....but then again, I may change my mind. A group of 28 people from Montreal won the Lotto 649 draw in September garnering 5 million dollars, about 178,000$ each! Since some look to be close to Boomer age, I hope this windfall propels them into retirement sooner than expected. I used to do this "team" lotto approach with my teacher friends for years....the organizer would walk around and say "two bucks, two bucks!" to remind us to pay. And often we would win! Never the big one, but enough to keep us interested and going. It was definitely a lot of fun and great for socialization. Meanwhile, back in Montreal, one of the winners was Didi Morneau: Didi herself is the one who checked the ticket and found out it was a winning one. "Only after I scanned the ticket over 20 times did I realize it was well and truly $5 million," she said. "We're still astonished!" Boomers, obviously you don't have to be part of a workplace to do something like this; organize it from home with your friends and/or family members....via e-mail, group texts, or social media. I may sound like a Lotto salesperson here, but....remember, your odds of winning go way up when you buy multiple tickets with many, many people. Cheers!
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment