Today is your day Boomer! Usually I am not a big proponent of buying lottery tickets....but then again, I may change my mind. A group of 28 people from Montreal won the Lotto 649 draw in September garnering 5 million dollars, about 178,000$ each! Since some look to be close to Boomer age, I hope this windfall propels them into retirement sooner than expected. I used to do this "team" lotto approach with my teacher friends for years....the organizer would walk around and say "two bucks, two bucks!" to remind us to pay. And often we would win! Never the big one, but enough to keep us interested and going. It was definitely a lot of fun and great for socialization. Meanwhile, back in Montreal, one of the winners was Didi Morneau: Didi herself is the one who checked the ticket and found out it was a winning one. "Only after I scanned the ticket over 20 times did I realize it was well and truly $5 million," she said. "We're still astonished!" Boomers, obviously you don't have to be part of a workplace to do something like this; organize it from home with your friends and/or family members....via e-mail, group texts, or social media. I may sound like a Lotto salesperson here, but....remember, your odds of winning go way up when you buy multiple tickets with many, many people. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog