Today is your day Boomer! We are all seeking warmth and comfort as the cold days of November begin. In the news, I see homeless camps burning up because of issues like fires and propane burners inside tents. I see people out cutting firewood as they attempt a few last loads before the first big snow. And I see critters trying to get inside buildings and establishing winter nests....critters like mice and rats! Do you live in any of these B.C. cities (check the photo)? Vancouver, Burnaby, and Kelowna are 1,2,3 respectively with Victoria a close 4th. Nationally, Toronto is worst of all with Vancouver second. Boomers, get out your traps...whatever you do to rid your home of these invading rodents.....or contact an extermination company. They might be pretty busy though. By the way, don't forget your vehicles. Rodents like to curl up inside warm engine compartments and even, dashboards. Better check regularly. The only good "rat" I know is Brad Marchand, the captain of the Boston Bruins....my favourite hockey team! Cheers.
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment