Today is your day Boomer! Are you "average" Boomer? Like average height, weight, average or moderate in your political views.....and do you expect to live to the national or provincial average? I hope I do, but actually it is an eye opener. Why? Because if the average Boomer is in his/her 60's, we have only about 15-20 years to live! A new study says the BC average is 82.6, Canada-wide is 82.9, and where I live now....Summerland is actually lower at 82.2! But there is a silver lining in the dark cloud, my town has the highest life expectancy of any municipality in the Okanagan Valley, supposedly a great place to live with lots of natural, outdoor activities and a nickname of "Canada's California". Hmmmm, maybe all that forest fire smoke is finally getting to us. What's worse? My birth town of Lillooet, BC is actually 75.6....my sister and Dad live there. But then again, do numbers really matter? My father is 93 and is still living there! So many factors are involved like genetics, exercise, diet, smoking, and medical service access! Boomers, let's make the most of our shortening time....because life is a crapshoot! Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog