Today is your day Boomer! My Dad left this world this week. I was there in-person to say goodbye and, of course, it was very, very difficult. But rather than focusing on the negatives of his downfall, I want to share with you my Dad's many contributions to my life. First off, Harold (Hal) shared his name with me and helped raise me as one of six kids in our family. Imagine the financial impact a family of eight had on his work life and mental state! Speaking of that, he taught me the importance of a strong work ethic and a good education. All his kids have university degrees or trades tickets. He showed me the supreme importance of family gatherings, how to flyfish...even when he was colour blind....how to use tools, play high-level bridge, eat organic foods, he taught me how to drive....even though I ruined the transmission on our old car....he showed me how to sail, save and invest money, have an appreciation for nature, he was a role model for me as I moved through heart/surgery issues, and he showed me how to love your family. But most of all, his sharp mind and attitude will forever stick in my mind. He died at age 93, but right till the end, his mind was informed, clever, and filled with opinion. His physical body may have failed, but his mental state was just incredible. Boomers, maybe your Dad is close to the end. I say....spend time with him, and appreciate him for what you have become. I miss him already....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog