Today is your day Boomer! Thanks to the many Boomers and family and friends who accessed my blog memories of my deceased Dad yesterday. And thanks to my cousin who supplied this picture of my Dad at his favourite fishing place in the world....Fountain Lake. I forgot to mention one more big thing my Dad helped me with: learning how to run for election and being a politician. Dad had tremendous experience serving as a school trustee(like me), hospital board, regional district director, alderman, and acting mayor....to name just a few. Even in his last few years, he served as head of the Lillooet Water Improvement Committee! So, what did he teach me? Be prepared, ask lots of questions, don't be afraid to challenge, speak with authority and confidence, and respect the people(both elected and staff) you work with. In my five years as trustee, I follow all of these recommendations very closely. As for my Dad, he raised 6 kids, had a full-time business, and still had lots of time for dedication to his community. He was certainly a pillar of leadership in the small town of Lillooet, BC. Merry Christmas everyone....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog