Today is your day Boomer! Another Baby Boomer bites the dust. Yup, singer/songwriter Eric Carmen has passed away this week at the tender age of 74. Remember him? Lead singer of The Raspberries and then maybe more famous as a solo artist, who had a great appreciation of some other famous performers: "I loved the Beatles, The Who, the Byrds, the Stones, the Beach Boys and the Small Faces. I loved bands that could WRITE!”(CNN) His most famous singing hits included an emotional "All By Myself" and “Hungry Eyes,” which provided the steamy soundtrack backdrop for an intensifying love between Johnny and Baby in “Dirty Dancing.” I liked this guy and I still have those two songs on my phone playlist! But I don't like the hair. Boomer guys, did you have hair like this back in the 1970s? Yuk! Looks kind of like a raspberry patch. Cheers and here's to Carmen...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog