Today is your day Boomer! He is 74 now...a Boomer himself, and he started releasing albums in 1973 when I was still in high school. But Bruce Springsteen is still putting out a new album. However, it is a "greatest hits" collection to be released next month. If you want a CD or vinyl version, it sports 18 tracks like "Born to Run" and "Secret Garden"...the digital album has 31 songs! Meanwhile, we, Boomers, know Springsteen as a rock n'roll legend: "Springsteen is a pioneer of heartland rock, a genre combining mainstream rock music with poetic and socially conscious lyrics that feature narratives primarily concerning working-class American life. He is known for his descriptive lyrics and energetic concerts, with performances that can last for more than four hours".(Wikipedia) I saw Springsteen, live in concert in Vancouver, in my early 20's....definitely one of the best shows on my personal concert list! I like greatest hits albums....worth considering?! Cheers.
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment