Today is your day Boomer! I spent two hours at the doctor's office yesterday, discussing my arthritic hip. Yes, he approved my hip replacement surgery....and I immediately thought of that old song from Huey Lewis and The News. Huey...give me the news about it's "hip to be square"! Quotes from the surgeon: Dave, "your hip looks like a square trying to fit into a round hole." Dave, "your hip is catching during movement because there is no lubrication." Dave, "have you always limped like that?" Yes doc....Dave, "it is elective surgery, so it is your choice on whether or not we do it soon." Dave, "on the hip personal survey we did, you scored only 17/48....that is a severe problem." Dave, "it will be a routine surgical procedure for me." And yes Dave, "we can lengthen your bad leg at the same time." Boomers, I'm sure Huey Lewis meant something else when he sang that song in 1986....but it rings loudly in my head as I now prepare for another surgery and long physiotherapy process. Just like a lot of other Boomers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog