Today is your day Boomer! My Mom's birthday is today....she would have been 94, but passed away from cancer 30 years ago. I miss her so much, and here are some things I remember most about her:(1)her always-loving personality and passion in raising six kids (2)her patience as I clutched her leg constantly as a little boy (3)her hugs even when I got into trouble (4)her mixing-up her four sons on telephone calls (5)her incredible love of babies, including grandchildren (6)her dedication to huge, productive gardens (6)her "always-open" invitation to family at her summer cabin (7)the tremendous aroma of her weekly baking sessions (7)her long, slender swimming strokes-she was a competitive long-distance athlete (8)her devotion and love of pets(like Cody!) (9)her love of flowers and nature walks (10)her love of ocean-side strolls and annual trips to Maui (11)her regular Sunday family dinners....and finally, (11)her constant giving, selfless nature. Boomers, my Mom was a treasure....maybe, just like yours. Happy birthday....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog