Today is your day Boomer! What do Boomers do on holidays? Yes...all the usual activities like walking, hiking, biking, kayaking, sightseeing etc. But also visiting antique and so-called "vintage" shops! Yup, I am currently visiting an American resort on the ocean with my wife and friends, and we spent over an hour in "Nate's Vintage" store today looking at old fridge magnets, bobblehead dolls, vinyl records, beer mugs, and faded Hawaiin shirts. Who was in the shop? The owner, a Boomer guy, us four Boomer friends, and two other Boomers quietly scrutinizing the shelves for "treasures". My friend left with a cracked Star Trek mug, our wives found nothing, and I found these funky glasses(see picture!) on the ground in the parking lot. Maybe....a lost treasure?! It was fun, I liked it, but I sure am glad my wife doesn't smoke and love old-fashioned turquoise glass ashtrays from 1962! Cheers to us Boomers....holidays with friends, and all our spare time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog