Today is your day Boomer! Sorry, no blogs recently....I have been on holiday trying to avoid the internet! But I have been fishing, swimming, hiking, and kayaking at our summer cabin in the B.C. Interior. And I noticed something new about many wilderness lakes....kayaks and paddleboards are taking over, while powerboats are on the decline. I saw very few noisy speed boats and jetskis, and a great number of quieter, self-propelled floater boats. It was great! A super way to enjoy nature and get exercise. I would do 1 and 1/2 hour paddles every morning, either with a family member or friend. We would see lots of wildlife like fish, eagles, herrons, osprey, beavers, and bear. And....we would paddle slower and smoother for long distances....with shorter high-speed cardio sessions mixed in. Great idea! The experience and scenery were awesome (see picture). By the way, a recent Google article states almost 3% of North American Boomers own kayaks. I envision that number going way up in the years to come. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog