Today is your day Boomer! I was just plain dumb...I guess. I got COVID this week after making it through the entire pandemic without being victimized! I went to a social gathering of 30-40 retired teachers....indoors because of inclement weather, participated in a lot of hugs, hand shakings, pats on the back, close-in conversations, and one drink. Well, that was it....two days later and still today, I am suffering with hurtful coughing, a sore throat, dizziness, and lack of energy. It isn't fun, but what it is....is a warning for all of you fellow Boomers. COVID is not over, it is close by, and in the right situation...it can still rear its ugly head. When the social got switched to indoors, I should have thought more clearly and refused to attend. Next time I will. I sit here in my basement, far away from my wife and dogs, because I didn't practice a little common sense. Boomers, take note! Cheers.
Today is your day Boomer! Baby Boomers, another health benefit is back! It is backward walking and the trend-often associated with the 1980s-is making a return as grey-haired wonders, like you and I, look for new-or-newish ideas to help keep us fit! According to cbc.ca, "walking backwards has shown that there's less impact on the joints by using these different muscles — and it can increase flexibility and even help alleviate back pain." One 62-year-old Boomer says "Every time I walk, I just do a little twirl and walk backwards for a bit, and I'll do it just a few times during my walk." It may look a little unusual and may get a few laughs from passersby....by consider the actual benefits. Clinical exercise specialist André Noël Potvin says "When you start to walk backwards, you actually start to rebalance the forces around the ankle, knee, hip and lower back." This really helps Boomers recovering from knee surgery and older Boomers who are havi...

Comments
Post a Comment