Today is your day Boomer! You have to like it! A 69-year-old Boomer guy stepping out of his comfort zone with a sing-and-play public performance at an Okanagan beach! Why is this extraordinary, you say? Well, it was his first time doing this and the man had not even learned to play his ukulele until COVID....just a few years ago. John Wardley says "It took me out of my shell a bit. It was good for me, and I enjoy it. But I’ll stick with the ukulele. I can only manage four strings. Six would be too much.”(Penticton Herald) John was playing Beatles' songs like "Let it Be" with people walking by and boats coming in from the lake on a warm fall day. This takes courage: "I just do this for fun. I’m not after anything, and I find that people like it." I can relate to John. I also took up the ukulele during the pandemic and recently sang and played at a family memorial service. But you have to practice and gotta be brave. Boomers, don't you think we should all challenge ourselves once in awhile?! Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog